Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Desire Has Shriveled Away For The Day

Yesterday I wrote about how I didn't like what I was writing. Well, I reread through it last night and it turns out, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was so kudos for that right? Well, I wrote a fun scene last night and now for today, I'm left with a boring scene that's introducing another character that while she is important to the plot, I hate writing school scenes. School scenes are just so boring and feel too adolescent.


Honestly, I'm writing this post right at this very moment to avoid writing the scene I will eventually have to write tonight. My roommate is also having to hear me complain about having to write this part. But she's also a writer (and we share a major) so she understands the difficulty of pushing yourself to write the parts you don't want to.


I made it past my 5000 word count last night as well as got assignments done for school (one isn't even due for another week!) I know, I'm such an overachiever. But now, I somewhat regret staying out a bit late with friends after dinner because I have a concert to attend for music history class tonight at 7 pm so I'm going to dinner at 6. That leaves me from now to then to write 1,666 words to hit today's word mark.


Hopefully my tea and silence around me with no distractions for the next two hours will help me write this boring yet crucial part of the novel. Sadly, no songs have been able to inspire me to want to write this scene today. I shall now begrudgingly get to work.


-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment