Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Concerns That Create Distractions

Studies have proven that taking naps help with creativity. This is not a good thing for me right now because I'm so tired, I need to write today's 1,666 words and a small one paged paper for tomorrow. Sleep would be lovely. But instead of taking those filthy naps I despise so much, I'm drinking my Tetley British blend tea to try to keep me awake until my roommate and I head out for dinner. It seems to have been working so I'm not complaining.

I have some concerns of the characters second names that I don't think I'll ever get rid of but that's just me second guessing my punny cliches I enjoy so much. I also can't seem to keep focused on today's amount of writing, probably because of issues with trying to stay awake, tumblr keeps calling my name and I keep succumbing to it's power. On top of that, I found out one of my favorite shows won't start filming again until 2013. Thank you so much BBC for first inflicting emotional pain with Reichenbach Falls and then making us wait over a year.

So because of that news, I've been going on a spree of fandom conflicts (if you're in a fandom you understand this, if not, please excuse my rambles) which makes it even more distracting to me to keep writing what's in my head. And even on top of that, I feel like there's going to be a bit of writers block soon. Not so much to where I can't write, but to the point where I really won't like what I'm putting into the story and feel like it's lazily written. Never a good thing to feel about your writing.

-Amy

1 comment: