Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's Going To Be A Big, Big, Big Day!

I so hope at least some of you knew that this title is a very famous quote by a miss Effie Trinket from the Hunger Games trilogy. Now that that introduction is out of the way, let me tell you why today is so exciting.

Today I had to wake up early, yes, 9:30 is early for a college student on break, especially after having a friend over all night. I had to go to my old high school and observe an English class for a college course. That went really well. But now, today is a day out and about.

I'm going to the movies (yay Josh Hutcherson! :D), turning in an application for a place I would really love to work at this summer, then dinner at my favorite restaurant (Izakayas), and then I get to go to a Wine and Canvas thing. That's where the legal drinking aged adults go and get wine and paint a famous picture on, you guessed it, a canvas. Now, because I'm only 19 and have no desire to try to drink, I'll just be painting the picture. Still very exciting!

Because I have all of these plans that will go well into the night, I've dedicated the little time I have back home today to finishing my deadline for today's word count. Before I go to sleep I must be at 18,333 words. Right now I'm at 17,112 which is a good place to start for when I get home. I found if I'm ever at a loss for what to have happen next, I could just go back to what's already done and add some dialogue, description, or fix the things people pointed out to me when I sent them the rough draft a few days ago.

I'm finding it easier and easier to write and find time for it, I have less distractions now and I don't know if that's because I've gotten over the proverbial hump or because I'm really getting into this story. Maybe there's a whole other reason all together. Who knows? But the good thing is, it's working and I like it.

-Amy

1 comment: